The Maryland Horse Council represents the entire Maryland equine community, regardless of breed, discipline, amateur or professional status; regardless of location or age or socioeconomic status. Scroll down to learn the benefits of being a member.
About Our Members
include owners, riders, trainers, breeders, competition venues, tack shops, and horse enthusiasts.
also include businesses such as accountants, realtors, designers, retailers, landscapers, builders, and farm equipment purveyors.
help us understand and solve the challenges our community faces as our industry evolves and grows.
bring issues to our attention and to provide input on legislative and policy issues as they arise.
Why Join MHC
We Promote Our Members
- Free events promotion.
- Free help wanted ads.
- Industry Professional Equiery column.
We Protect Our Members
- Legislation to benefit members.
- Testimony on behalf of members.
- Advice to government about members.
We Inform Our Members
- Biweekly newsletter.
- The Equiery in the mail.
- Breaking news alerts.
We Connect Our Members
- Social gatherings.
- Business networking seminars
- Webinars on issues important to horse people.
All MHC members receive the following benefits:
- the opportunity to offer input on legislative and policy issues facing the industry;
- our twice-monthly member newsletter;
- our breaking news alerts;
- a copy of The Equiery in the mail each month;
- invitations to social and networking gatherings; and
- invitations to educational webinars.
Association members also receive:
- free events promotion in The Equiery and in the twice-monthly newsletter;
- free fundraiser promotions across our social media channels;
- access to association-member only webinars; and
- access to association member resources for finding grants and volunteers.
Industry Professional members also receive:
- free help wanted ads in The Equiery and in the twice-monthly newsletter;
- free coverage in the Industry Professionals column in The Equiery;
- free business networking webinars;
- exclusive educational webinars IP-member only networking webinars; and
- eligibility to benefit from MHC’s work release program for graduates of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation’s Second Chances farm vocational education course.