For further information, contact MFFH Chair, Vicki Carson
In 2011, the Maryland Horse Council fostered the creation of the Maryland Fund for Horses (MFFH), a 501c(3) charity. MFFH then took on the programs of the MHC's Unwanted Horse Project.
- To promote the health, safety and welfare of equines in Maryland;
- To educate equine owners and care takers about issues affecting equine care and management;
- To educate landowners where equines are kept about issues affecting farm management and stewardship of the land;
- To promote collaboration within the equine industry for the benefit of equines in Maryland;
- To improve the lives of Maryland's equines by providing education and outreach to the general public about responsible equine ownership, equine welfare issues and the value of equines to the State and to their own lives.